Miami Beach extended stay condominiums are an option for those looking for furnished South Beach lodging for a period beyond a week; however, travelers must keep a number of things in mind when booking their rooms.
First and foremost, guests should understand the difference between a condominium building and an apartment building. In an apartment building, tenants lease spaces from landlords; they do not own the apartments in which they stay. With condominiums, the occupants purchase their living spaces.
Condominiums that provide South Beach lodging are typically overseen by a condo association. Most condo associations have very strong regulations with which owners, tenants and guests must abide. Regulations are numerous and regulate all aspects of life in the building, including the number of times that a unit can be rented and the minimum duration for all stays.
Each condominium in the area has its own set of standards and regulations regarding short-term rentals, which are defined as Miami Beach extended stay trips that are shorter than six months in duration. As a rule of thumb, approximately 95% of all condominium buildings in Miami do not allow short-term rentals. Among the remaining 5%, roughly 80% will require that stays be longer than one month in duration. Prior to entering into an agreement to rent a furnished condominium, guests should make sure that the activity of short-term rental is an accepted used in the building and familiarize themselves with the other condo restrictions.